I'd like to freak out now, if you don't mind.

Weeks ago I thought BoA's Milky Way was it - there was no other BoA song that could match its severe pop-y-ness. Little did I know that the year after she stunned us with Milky Way and the accompanying album - she was to make something worthy of rivaling her poppiest song yet. The song made me smile so wide it got creepy but that's what happens when you hear songs like this - they won't stop until you smile.

If Milky Way is the ultimate sugary sweet hip-hop song, Etude(the song in question) is the ultimate sugary sweet Disney princess movie theme song. Imagine princes and princesses dancing in the ballroom complete with swinging skirts and magic dust rushing in from the balconies then the camera zooms out to a castle and fireworks where they all live happily ever after.

I'm NOT in any way kidding. If you still don't believe me, here's the song:
See what I mean?

5/5. It's a crime to make a song this outstanding, it really is.

2 comments:

  1. blimey, talking about losing your luggage. it's good then ? :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. I honestly can't stop listening to it - it's taken over my life, basically.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing