#48: Davichi - 시간아 멈춰라

There are generally only 3 things Core Contents media can do. One, bring out cheesy and oftentimes cheap uptempos, two, bring out gorgeous and well-executed, heart-wrenching ballads and three, bring out a Davichi lead single.


One thing I like about Davichi is that I don't have to spend 2 paragraphs, or more, complaining about their lack of vocals because they obviously don't have a problem with singing. It can get a little too much at times, but I don't have much to work with here, so it's one of the best I can get.

To be honest with you, if Core Contents got better songwriters and appeared less formulaic, they'd probably be one of my favorite agencies.

The Davichi formula has been in place since 8282, as far as I'm concerned, and even if it tends to be cheap every now and then, it just works. The song starts out nice and ballad-y and you'd never suspect it to explode like it will, but obviously it does. I kinda liked the idea when they did 8282, but found the execution sloppy.

The duo came back this year with 시간아 멈춰라 (my Korean only allows me to understand that this has something to do with time) and it's similar in structure to 8282, but it's steered more towards a rock sound, rather than epic. But in that sense, it's become a little less cheap-sounding, without losing that unmistakable Core Contents sound they've made so popular. If I'm not mistaken, this is the only Core Contents song on this year's list, because it's probably the best-pulled off, and most identifiable to the agency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing