2PM - Again and Again

This is a little more current than the other tracks - a few days ago on KBS's Music Bank it went head to head Super Junior's(if you remember I said during the 'crash course' post that they're the world's biggest boyband with 13 members..) current single, which in reality isn't as good as this track:
See what I mean when I said it's dance or rot and die for these types of boy bands?

I don't think it's as good as DBSK's Mirotic but for what it's up against at the moment, it's outstanding. I tried listening to a few 2PM tracks before but apparently I was listening to all the wrong stuff because like the Wonder Girls, I liked the idea but didn't find the songs special.

Well this is certainly special.

I still don't like the rap parts(although the one in the DBSK song isn't that annoying..) and that hold true for this song - I don't see the relevance of it when they could've just put in a brilliant middle 8 instead of the rap - oh well.

It actually does have probably some the best verses that get overshadowed a bit by that (sometimes)annoying loop that refuses to stop and give us a break but I think if I ever get the chance to hear an a capella version of this, it'd probably be even more fantastic than it is right now. One thing JYP knows how to do really well is make a melody I'd absolutely adore(I assume he's behind all my favorite Rain songs and his own material since that's how he was credited on those albums..) so kudos to him for writing this.

4.2/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing