*freaks out*

That Lily Allen review will come, I've heard about half of the album(I was in school, I didn't have time to listen to it well!) so maybe by Friday or something I can finish up a review, I've started it already. ANYWAY
Corbin may not be able to sing live but this song is SHEER BRILLIANCE.

Disney has done it again. After all the disasters last year with Miley, Vanessa and countless others, they're finally back in my good books thanks to Corbin. No matter how juvenile they lyrics of Disney songs may seem, the melodies help keep pop alive in the US. The UK has morphed it's pop into something brilliant(like the Lily Allen album..) but what has the US given us? Countless pop/rock bands and even more R&B wannabes. Disney however, has been making pop, sometimes bad, sometimes good.

I've heard this sung live(haha.. it was err.. pleasant.), but I haven't heard the full recorded version until just now(only about 4 minutes ago..) and I was grinning ear to ear when I heard it in full for the first time. Yeah, it's processed a heck of a lot but so are most albums these days and though I don't exactly like processing, the melody of this song is just mind-blowing.

The song makes you smile, the melody is repetitive but varied in the right way and it's got just enough brilliance in the hook to stick it in your head. It's in no way annoying, you'll want to listen to it over and over and over again, just to make sure that it's really a song. haha. At least that's what I'm doing!

I feel genuine brilliance here so the rest of the album better come soon. haha.

5/5

1 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I should have known. :)

    I still really dig "Fear of Flying", even though I know you're not huge on that one. I've yet to hear this. :( I feel left out.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing