[#30] Infinite H - "니가 미치지 않고서야" (Feat. Sanchez of Phantom)

From: "Fly Again"
Previous Best of Entries: 2013: [#6] "Fly High"
Other notable song(s) from 2015: n/a

Infinite H were one of the first K-pop groups to really make me appreciate rap, partially because they also use pop elements I'm more familiar with. So while "Fly Again" wasn't as mind-blowingly amazing as "Fly High" was back in 2013, Infinite H still put out a strong EP this year.

My initial reaction to "As Long As You're Not Crazy" was that I loved the melodic parts so much that I could bear with the rap. But the more I listened to the track, the more I understood the rap verses and appreciated them for their musical merits. The rap verses have a groove to them—courtesy of the bass lines that are both sharp and rich, and the rap lines themselves that flow with the direction of the instrumentation. And the melody of the chorus, well, is a stunning, well-executed break from the rough rap verses—the vocals are silky smooth, the melodic lines are short but striking and repetitive enough to spark recall.

"As Long As You're Not Crazy" is one of the most well-balanced songs I've heard this year, and it's definitely one of my favorite rap-heavy K-pop tracks ever.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing