[#23] Kim Bum Soo and Lena Park - "사람, 사랑 (Person, Love)"

From: "Hwang Project Vol.2 - 사람, 사랑" (Digital Single)
Released: August 2011, South Korea
Rating: 3.45

The only non-idol entry on this year's countdown is from Park Bum Soo and Lena Park, and it's their gorgeous duet "Person, Love". You all know that I love gorgeous ballads, and these two gorgeous voices are enough to send me through the roof. Stunning.


"Person, Love" is SO "A Whole New World"-y, with the very simple, but epic, instrumental laced with Park Bum Soo and Lena Park's smooth, yet full voices, which actually have character.

I won't say much, because I want to let the song do the talking, but really, THIS is how duets are done, people. It's a simple, quaint song, but what really makes it soar is not only their individual voices, but the chemistry they have when they sing together.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Hm. Not sure who you consider idols and non-idols since there are a little hazy. But I'm not sure whether you just don't listen to any other K-pop music beside idol music or if they just didn't make your list. If they didn't make your list, well, I'm disappointed because there was a ton of gems including:

    Park Junghyun's It Was Better Back Then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHgdeuPw1h4
    Tablo's entire Fever's End double-disc (Airbag, Bad, Tomorrow)
    Leesang: I Turned off the TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HxaERgTNwY

    and so on...



    But I think it's important to keep in mind that Korea has a longer and more varied selection of music that's not just limited to idol music, which has really only been popular the last 3 or 4 years. I know that I don't do a good job of listening to everything out there, but it's definitely something that's so important, especially when the music scene is so dominated by idol music. And it's a little disappointing to see your list have so many average songs when there are these other songs that are just as good (if not better) and could definitely use the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering who park bumsoo was until I realised u made a mistake with his name. it's Kim bumsoo. that aside, I really do think he's one of the best vocalist.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing