[#27] Supernova - "クリウンナレ"

From: "4U" (Album)
Released: June 2011 (Single) and November 2011 (Album), Japan
Rating: 3.35

I will seriously find every possible way to include this song in every single year-end list I make, because if you remember, this was also #24 on last year's list. But really, after two years and three versions, it's become one of my all-time favorite K-Pop songs.


There's nothing much to say anymore, because I've said everything in my two other reviews of this song, but I do have to say that the Japanese version has a much better flow, courtesy of the nature of the Japanese language. That flow provides a really nice contrast to the very stiff, slightly packed instrumental.

And those drums, my gosh those drums. They not only sound real, they FEEL real. It's the type of drums that literally makes your heart pound along, but they also give the song much-needed dynamics. The type of drum, the rhythms it plays, and the manner in which it was executed was spot-on.

Lace all of that with a smooth but punchy piano line, strong vocals and an exploding chorus, and well, you have brilliance. How this song was not a hit will forever be beyond me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing