[#33] KARA - "Jet Coaster Love"

From: "Super Girl" (Album)
Released: April (Single)/November (Album) 2011, Japan
Rating: 2.95

I have both fond and not-so-fond memories of "Jet Coaster Love", because it came out during a very stressful time for me. Remember when I got that tropical virus earlier this year? Yup. The video for this came out just before I got admitted to the hospital, and I listened to it throughout, all the way up to the week I made up ALL my final exams, my thesis defense, and basically everything I needed to graduate. So whenever I listen to JCL I get all tingly and whatnot. But enough about me.


"Jet Coaster Love" is probably the best single KARA's released in Japan all year, because once again, it's a balance between what they were, and what they should think about becoming. Instead of being all-cute, JCL is more on the whimsical and/or girly side, with the instrumental and actually even the melody being a bit more serious than usual, but nevertheless still fun.

If you've been reading my recent tweets, you might've come across some "why can't I write" or "I have nothing to say about a song" tweets. They were for this song. But now I realize why I don't have much to say about JCL -- that's the point.

I admit that sometimes I tend to over think songs, so much that I miss the point altogether. But I didn't miss it this time. "Jet Coaster Love" is fun, mindless pop music, and that's the way it should be.

1 comments:

  1. Amazingly, your top 50 list are very similar to mine, except for a few songs and probably the ranking of the songs.
    I, too, agree with the statement that "Jet Coaster Love" is Kara's best Jap release of this year. It suits them and I enjoy the Mv too.
    Ahh, Gyuri's voice.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing