Natasha Bedingfield - Freckles

Artist: Natasha Bedingfield
Album: Pocketful of Sunshine
Year: 2007

Rating: 5/5

Only my third perfect review! So anyway, Natasha Bedingfield is a force to be reckoned with, seriously. I recently put the album that this is on in the car and had my dad listen to it(I've said before that whatever my dad says is probably 100% true but 40% of the time I refuse to believe him) and he liked the album! He said it's rare that he hears a well-produced mainstream album at the moment, and this is well-produced(although he thinks it's a bit inconsistent...) and he also said that his favorite track is 'Piece of Your Heart' because it uses actual drums. Anyway, let's go on with my review.

Let me tell you why this girl is a force to be reckoned with. There are quite a few reasons why and some of these were stated by my dad as well(over the years, I've learned a bit from him). Number one, she knows who she is as an artist, she knows what her music sounds like and what she wants it to sound like. Two, she has a voice, and a pretty good one at that. Three, I don't know if this is entirely true but I have a very good feeling that she can write her own songs, which means you can't replace her because she's behind the songs.

My favorite track on her album is actually 'Angel', but this is at a very close second. It's very hard nowadays to make a sort of 'inspirational/self-esteem raising' song, very hard. I don't think I've ever even liked songs in this particular category but if you guys know a good one, let me know.

Natasha manages to write lyrics that possibly boost self-esteem and carry a melody and arrangement that are contemporary yet her. The more I listen to this song, the more it grows on me, in a few days it might be my favorite song on the album along with 'Angel'!

I've got nothing more to say but the whole album is worth buying, seriously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing