Sugababes - About You Now

Artist: Sugababes
Album: Change
Year: 2007

Rating: 5/5

I absolutely ADORE this album! Seriously, these girls know how to make great pop music. I actually kind of ignored the album as a whole and just listened to this song for like a month maybe, but this review made me listen to the whole thing again, it's pure genius! This song is probably the best song on the album, along with 'Change' and 'Never Gonna Dance Again'.

Recently, mainstream pop has kind of branched off to other genres, most artists are doing R&B, Dance, Country or whatever else genre and the pop music of the 90's and early 2000's kinda fizzled away. 

This is the pop I've been looking for. After all the R&B and dance stuff coming from the US, I was craving for some new pop, music that would remind me of the height of pop in the UK, a time when Westlife, Blue, Girls Aloud, Atomic Kitten, D-Side, Zoo, V, The Sugababes, S Club and countless other bands ruled the charts. I got that with this song.

It's not exactly like pop back then, that would be strange to hear, but it's an updated sound, a sound that makes me really nostalgic. THIS is what I want from the UK music scene, great, steady verses, catchy choruses and great vocals. This is the stuff they should be releasing because they're actually pretty darn good at making it! 

I love verses of this song, I can imagine the song still being nice without the chorus, but apparently, I hadn't heard enough. The chorus of this song is mind-blowing(for a pop track nowadays..), it's so freakin' catchy that even I can't stop humming it!

People can criticize pop music as being manufactured, fake and whatever all they want but at the end of the day, we, the consumers like it(this song went to number one in the UK singles chart AND download charts simultaneously, plus five other charts worldwide) and we're the ones buying the music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing