Taylor Swift - Our Song


Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Taylor Swift
Year: 2007
Rating: 5/5

This girl will go a long way, I'm not kidding. If she can continue write songs as good as this, then she''ll be even bigger than she already is. With one number one single, a Grammy nomination and a world record(youngest sole-writer of a number one single) under her belt with just one album out, I have no doubt that she is rightfully the big thing right now.

I've always had a soft spot for country/pop artists like Carrie Underwood so naturally, Taylor Swift is in my list of favorites. OK, there are times when her voice gets too whine-y, but the fact that she writes her own stuff at such a young age forgives her less than amazing vocals.

When I first heard this song, I loved it, but when I heard that she wrote this by herself, I was blown away. Not every sixteen year-old can write a number one song by herself, sure some of them co-write with big songwriters but my bet is that the professionals do most of the work and the singers just add a bit here and there. Which is why this song gets a perfect score, because it's amazing and not something an average sixteen year old would do.

Why will she survive in the industry if I clearly said that her vocals weren't the best? Well because she writes her own songs. When an artist writes his/her own songs, he/she becomes irreplaceable. Why? Because if the songs are written by another person, the record company can easily put another person in the artists place and it'll still be a hit, no matter who you ask to sing it. If you write your own songs, they're yours and if you put another person in your place, you can't guarantee success because the songs aren't with that person, they're with you.

I just want to see how far she goes, but I have no doubt that she'll go further in the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. You were so right when you wrote this. We've already noticed how good Taylor's music is. She's definetly excellent at writing her own songs. I couldn't wait for her second album to come out after her debut with hits like "Tim McGraw", "Teardrops on my guitar" or "Our Song". And this second project is somehow even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyaa i lv taylor swift xx she is the best x

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing