I need a break. Seriously.

As many of you guys may already know, the strongest typhoon (you call it a hurricane in the West) in Philippine history hit Metro Manila last Saturday. I live in Metro Manila.

My immediate and extended family is OK, we're all safe and accounted for but close friends, classmates, teachers and family friends of mine are not. A lot of them got hit really badly by the storm and even 3 days later parts of the Metro are still flooded - there's no way out.

Even if I wasn't hit, I'm in a pretty bad state right now just thinking about what a lot of people I know have been through. If I was just in bad shape I wouldn't stop blogging because it's therapy. So why am I taking a break?

I feel bad. I feel bad that while people I know and care about are suffering, I'm sitting here in front of my computer and bashing some crappy artist or trying to be emotionally stable. To me it's as a sign on respect to the people still stuck on top of their houses with no clothes, food and common necessities.

To be completely honest, blogging is a luxury - it's a privilege. I simply can't avail of this while the rest of the Philippines is in complete disarray, even if it makes me happy. I'm not supposed to be happy, this damn typhoon has even KILLED people I know. It's not right.

So if you guys will let me, I'd like to take a step back from blogging for a week or so until my country gets sorted out. I just can't do this.

7 comments:

  1. Completely understandable at this horrible time. I'm lucky enough to have never been through anything like that but it doesn't stop me feeling bad for those going through it :( Glad you are safe, hope your friends are too (in the long run). Keep us all updated on twitter if you can, but don't worry if you can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, really means a lot. Dammit I hate this. But what makes this even worse is the fact that there's ANOTHER typhoon coming in the next 2 or 3 days - we haven't even recovered from the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thank god you are okay. Hope everything gonna be alright soon. May all the people who passed away rest in peace. =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, that's horrible. It's a good thing you are all ok. I hope you come back to blog in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I told you earlier, please stay safe. And like Paul said, try to keep Twittering so I don't keep worrying about you. I will keep my eyes open on the news. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much guys, will try to get back as soon as I can.

    Mel - *hugs back* Again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is Ok for you and your family, these kind of tragedies are horrible and it's completely understandable that you want to take some time off - Take as much as you need!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing