# 69: Miley Cyrus - Breakout

I may not like the rest of the album, but the title track is amazingly brilliant.

I'm not someone who likes songs because of the lyrics, but the lyrics were the second reason why this song rocks so much. I can absolutely relate to the song(but I wake up at 5 am and go to school at like 7 am..) and the melody's absolutely amazing.

One of the catchier songs on the list, Breakout is a Disney masterpiece. They should seriously do more of this stuff, they've proved they can do it well, so why no make some more? Let's hope for more in 2009!

PS: It was covered by Katy Perry, although I kind of like Miley's version better. Something to do with age perhaps? Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I think the song was a demo for Katy Perry first, but she ended up passing on it (which I understand because it doesn't really fit for her), and she ended up singing backups on Miley's version.

    Personally, I'm more of a sucker for last album's "See You Again" (reminds me of that 80's song "Sunglasses At Night") and "Start All Over" (mostly because it was co-written by FeFe Dobson).

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? cool! haha..

    I like the slower songs on her first album, "Right Here"? Love that song..

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing