# 33: Amy Pearson - Don't Miss You

My first impression of her was that she sounded a lot like Stacie Orrico but as I heard more of her material, ballads specifically, I've come to the conclusion that she's like a cross between Stacie Orrico and Christina Aguilera(when she does all those ballads)

Then just before I started writing this, I had a chat with my friend BeE from Pop Nation and she mentioned that she actually sounds a lot like Vanessa Hudgens when she hits the high notes towards the end of the song. Although she does sound like Vanessa, I have a very strong feeling she knows it, and it's not highlighted as much in the song.

Which is what makes this such an amazing song, apart from the melody of course.

The melody's really, really catchy and very sing along-able(I made another word! Yay!) and her vocals are just amazing on this track.

Now tell me again why she's not made it big in the US or even the UK? People need to hear this girl, she'll beat the socks off all the manufactured Disney robots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing