# 72: Vanessa Hudgens - Paper Cut

See my first review of it here.

Identified may have been a complete and utter mistake but there was one song that somewhat saved the album, even a bit. Paper Cut is a brilliant song, and it even manages to mask Vanessa's nasal voice a bit.

Everything about this song is right. The vocals, the arrangement and most of all, the melody. It continues from where V left off, probably the only song on Identified to do so, and it was clearly done well.

I personally adore the song, it's one of those semi-big songs that make you want to turn the volume up REAL HIGH.

This song was clearly thought through and through, and there was no expense spared to make it amazing. The continuity and the brilliance just make it one of the best songs of 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I thought I was alone on this song. So many people I talked to would go on and on about Vanessa. I thought her first album was alright, but "Sneakernight" makes me want to lob my ears off with broken glass. "Paper Cut" was the only song I liked off the whole album. :) Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, and I agree with you, Sneakernight is one of the worst songs this year, I just can't stand it.

    The rest of "Identified" for me is too confused, but this song just blew me away..

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing