# 20: Ricki-Lee - Wiggle It

Ricki-Lee most probably started my adoration to Australian music. I remember Poster Girl writing about her cover of Love Is All Around and I got curious, so I got her second album and I was blown away.

This year, she released Wiggle It and despite the strange title, it actually did quite well on the ARIA charts.

Plus, the melody is amazing, it shows just how versatile she can be within the sound she's planted firmly in our heads during her first two albums. It's like an even more dance/R&B-y Can't Touch This, I think. The rap part can be ignored I think, but it's grown on me, and it's actually a nice accent to the song.

Now, let's all take the time to worship her amazing voice.

Seriously, that huge voice has got all the control it needs. Some songs on her second album are a bit slower and softer than what she usually does and she does it beautifully. But, the way she pulls off the big songs are equally amazing, she's got that powerful voice that puts Delta Goodrem to shame(although she's a completely different singer.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing