# 18: Danity Kane - Key To My Heart

It's Christmas eve!!!!

Those were the days when there were still five girls in Danity Kane. Oh, well.

So earlier this year, when they were still a five-piece, they released Welcome to the Dollhouse. I quite liked the album, actually. It was a nice transition from their first album, which I thought was just amazing.

I loved Damaged as well, it was a brilliant single and the the melody was amazing. The song itself was amazing, and the vocals were strong.

Key To My Heart reminds me a bit of Ooh Aah from their first album, actually. The feel of the two songs are similar and melodically they're both brilliant R&B songs.

I've always liked their vocals, how the five voices fit with each other, something I find very important in a girl group. No one actually overpowers someone else, and harmony-wise they're strong. They can't do five-part harmonies as far as I know but they can hold maybe a three-part one, which is good enough for me.

I adore this song, and even if they're a three-piece now, I'm looking forward to their new album, hopefully next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing