INTERVIEW: Stephanie Carache

Interview number THREE! And the girl in question makes damn good music.
For those of you who absolutely adore Pixie Lott's Mama Do and how retro-ish but modern it is or adore the girl's powerhouse vocals - better drop whatever you were doing before this and READ THIS NOW. I'm not kidding in any way - you will LOVE this girl once you hear the song that made me want to interview her.

The first time I saw Stephanie Carache's name and the genre she's under on that PR database I've told you about before, I got curious and downloaded Mr. Playa but I wasn't excited to the point of fainting in fact I even saved the listen for the weekend. Needless to say, I was wrong to keep it in my computer without listening because when I finally did, I was amazed.

Now I love Pixie Lott and Mama Do deserved to be a number one single even if it was just for a week but if Pixie can achieve that much success with a song like that then why hasn't Stephanie? The music-buying public can be confusing on numerous occasions.

With a powerhouse voice and an insanely brilliant song, there's no doubt that Stephanie Carache deserves to be a household name or noticed by hundreds of thousands at the very least. I pick her brains in a short interview I got the chance to conduct so read on to find out a bit about why I think she's brilliant.

1. Why make the kind of music you’re making? There are tons of other styles and genres to embrace, why this one in particular?

Ever since I was little, I've grown up around all different genres of music. But POP always stood out to me because of the many different directions you can go with it. A part from singing this type of music, I love dancing and performing. Pop music gives me the opportunity to showcase that as well.

2. As an artist, do you think you should have influences and take from them to create something you personally like or do you like the freedom to create your own music - music that you think represents yourself?

I believe everyone has been influenced in some shape or form by someone in their lives. You take the influence and make it your own.

3. At what point in your career will you call yourself successful and say 'OK, I've made it'?

I'm sure there will be instances in my career where I'll think to myself "Wow, I've really made it". For example, when I'm headlining and selling out my own world tour, but knowing me, I probably won't ever be satisfied. (Laughs) I will always strive to top what I've already accomplished. Stars' the limit!

4. What's pop music to you? What does it sound like, how do you think it works and is it still alive?

Pop music is the most general genre of them all. It has many different sounds, which is why people will always love pop music and why it will always stay alive.

5. This has been asked a million times but who are you as an artist?

That's a difficult question to answer. I'm the same person as an artist that I am on a daily basis. I'm just another person trying to make their mark in the world.

6. How do you make your music and give the people who are interested it a chance to actually listen to it? Will you make them pay and sue them if they don't or will you try to get as many people as possible to hear your music?

Of course at the end of the day, money is important. This is my career. But what's most important for me is that my music reaches as many people around the world as possible. I don't care how they get to hear my music, as long as long as they support my music, I'm very happy. (smiles)

7. How did you choose which producers to work with? Did you choose them just because they were superstars or because you think they could capture where you wanted to go with your music? Why?

Experience is a plus, but when I choose who I work with, there has to be a vibe and they must capture my vision.

8. What do you want to be remembered for in the next 10 or 20 years?

The obvious would be to be remembered by my talent, my distinct voice and my music. But that's not enough for me. I want to be remembered by people across the world not only as an incredible artist, but as a philanthropist and caring considerate human being as well. The kind of artist that displays nothing but positive energy. The kind of artist worthy enough to serve as a role model.

Find her online:
Official Website
MySpace

2 comments:

  1. Liking the song and the voice. IN some way, she looks like Jessica Mauboy (AUS).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of it that way but now that you mention it, she does remotely sound like her. The song is amazing - if this was made by a major label it would possibly be in the top 10 or something.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing