No, this is not the Leon review..

While waiting for me to listen over to the whole Leon album, why not read about exactly how I review an album? Yes, I'm this bored.

So obviously, the first thing I do is put the album in my iTunes library and make a playlist for it. Then, I play the album once from start to finish, putting five stars on my favorite songs after one listen.

Then, I listen to the album again, but I don't just listen to it anymore. So I open up TextEdit and make notes about each song, what stands out, what went wrong, short first impressions of the songs. So once I've got my notes and my favorites, I write a review here! While writing, I listen to the album again, and look at my notes from time to time.

And that's how I make my reviews. Interesting? Nope, boring.

1 comments:

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing