Best of 2009: July #10 - #7

July. Just find out for yourselves what the crap I was listening to, OK? LOL. Let's get to business.

#10: Kara - 몰래몰래
Kara are the cutesy girl group (apart from SNSD) but they were the ones who used to be serious and R&B like. This song kinda matches their whole image now - it's sweet, doesn't require a lot of vocal proficiency but to a certain extent I kinda like it.



#9: Jennings - Falling Higher Full
Gorgeous voice, gorgeous song and I got to interview Jennings earlier this year - she's one of those indie artists that should be more popular than they were. Below is a video to one of her other singles.



#8: Blake Lewis - Sad Song
BLAKE! BLAKE! LOL. Pop masterpieces and though I didn't really dig Heartbreak On Vinyl, Sad Song is damn good. The hook, the melody and all the elements of the song put together just make for a brilliant, brilliant song.



#7: Queensberry - Flow
Queensberry were one of the groups that came out of the tail end of my pirate blogging days and though I didn't really like their latest album either, this track off the re-release of their first album just reminded me so much of their first single that I HAD to put it in. The hook is a hook and I love the fact that this song actually has an actual melody and is really centered around it.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't think Sad Song was as brilliant in hindsight as i did when it came out. there were much stronger tracks on the album. but it was still rather good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I was a little disappointed with the album but that could've been because I was far too concentrated on kpop at the time to even try listening well. Maybe next year I'll try listening to it again.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing