[#34] Gahee - "Come Back You Bad Person"

From: "Come Back You Bad Person" (Mini Album)
Released: February 2011, South Korea
Rating: 2.90

Well, well, well, Gahee manages to land on this year's list. Surprised? I was actually debating between this and another track from her EP, but somehow this one managed to stand out more.


Okay sure, the song is a mess, the hook is blegh, and she can't sing it that well live, but I'd take this over Orange Caramel and a host of other cute-wannabe groups, because it's got kick. Gahee has attitude, and the song actually has a concept of dynamics! It's not a barrage of one note throughout the entire three minutes, and at least they bothered to make variations throughout the song.

And I don't know about you guys, but that kept me at the edge of my seat, which is always a good thing.

I like how they used the bass on the song, especially when they laced it with those gorgeous piano lines throughout -- the effect was slightly creepy, but more on the epic side. And of course, the melody was a big factor as well, apart from the non-melodic hook, I really liked the melody! Like the instruments, slightly creepy, courtesy of the true nature of Gahee's vocals, with a bit of kick in them. And I also like how they layered the vocals in some parts, because you can tell they actually really thought about how to go about it.

As a whole, I like "Come Back You Bad Person" because it's convincing. Because it bothered, and because it has kick, despite having a melody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share any of your thoughts on the above post? Drop a comment here! I read all comments and reply occasionally, especially if you have specific questions for me. :D

Note that comments are moderated. Spam, self-advertising (K-Pop-related and otherwise) and overly vulgar submissions will NOT be accepted. If you want me to promote/endorse/follow/link to your site, please e-mail me at popreviewsnow@gmail.com instead.

 

Recent Tweets

Like Pop Reviews Now on Facebook!

Statistics (Since May 2009)

Music - Top Blogs Philippines Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

You're reading an award-winning blog

The K-Pop Writers' Workshop


A workshop for writers of critical pieces on Korean entertainment -- formal reviews, expository essays/Op-eds, and personal essays/Creative Non-Fiction.
Learn from the best in K-Ent writing